Keynote & Panels – Fall 2020
The BookFest Brings You An Array of Panel Discussions, Keynotes, and Conversations
The BookFest returns with a fall theme and broader appeal to be inclusive to the rapidly-growing global stage for online events. Originally launched in May 2020 as the LA BookFest, the Fall 2020 Edition promises to be wider-ranging, will span a day and a half with more programming for those who love to read as well as those who love to write, plus many festive surprises to pair with the Halloween season.
Day one of The BookFest Fall 2020, Saturday October 24, 2020, will be devoted to readers. Topics include:
- Self-Help Books When We Need Them Most
- Masters of the Macabre – Let’s Get Spooky
- Books and Education During Covid – What Are We Teaching Our Children?
- Books, Authors and Genres Emerging from Silicon Valley
- Words Matter – How to Deliver What Readers Want in this Age of Reckoning
- Why We Love Stories: A Conversation with W. Craig Reed and James Rollins about the Allure of Fiction
- Young Adult Fiction in a Time of Tumult
The programming on Sunday, October 25, 2020, will consist of several panels focused on the craft of writing.
- Being Wickedly Creative – Adapting and Thriving Now
- My Precious! How Writers Can Let Go, Trust Their Editor, and Stop Being Precious about their Manuscript
- The World Sucks, Let’s Build a New One – Imagining Tomorrow’s World Today
More information coming soon. Be sure to sign up for email notifications. In the meantime, watch the videos from the Spring 2020 event on the Books That Make You YouTube Page.