Hybrid Timber Framing has experienced a massive resurgence in modern architecture. The potential for gorgeous personalized design is unmatched. Hybrid Timber Framing done wrong, however, can create ugly imbalance and detract from the overall look and feel. Done right, it goes so far beyond the initial investment, the value is hard to overstate.
The Art of Hybrid Timber Framing explores the link between traditional craftsmanship, with current building styles such as “Craftsman”, “Rustic”, “Modern” and beyond. It is a must-read for Owners, Designers, and Builders who want to influence the look and feel of their project using exposed beam construction. It is rich with ideas, imagery, and instruction to jump start your inspiration and planning.
Important topics to consider include:
• How to achieve optimized beauty by first defining ugly
• Where to draw the line with hybrid timber framing
• Seven chapters portraying diverse and unique timber styles
• How to avoid the over simplified “Hail Mary” approach
• How to accurately predict the cost of hybrid timber framing
Learn from a Master of Hybrid Timber Framing. There is absolutely no need to repeat needless mistakes! Bert Sarkkinen, the author, has explored timber framing from the perspective as a builder, a designer and a researcher.